Perry Engineering b/n 6160.48.1 of 1948
No. 3 Flash displayed within the exhibits hall as shown in this photo of 22 October 2006.
This locomotive was built by Perry Engineering Co. Ltd. of Mile End, Adelaide as their Builder's No. 6160.48.1 of 1948. It was used at Qunaba Mill, Bundaberg where it was known as "Flash". a
No.3 'Flash' had been in store at the Queensland Museum, Brisbane until moved to the new "The Workshops" museum at the former Ipswich Railway Workshops on 25 September 2001.b No.3 Flash is now displayed within the exhibits hall.
|a||Light Railway Research Society of Australia Inc. Web site (as at 20/3/2009): 'Preserved Australian Sugar Cane Locomotives' list by John Browning (www.lrrsa.org.au/LRR_SGRc.htm)|
|b||'Light Railways - Australia's Magazine of Industrial & Narrow Gauge Railways', Number 162, December 2001, published by Light Railway Research Society of Australia Inc.|
|c||Webmaster's observation or comment.|
Page updated: 14 December 2012